APRIL 21, 2015
Day 46 – DeFuniak Springs, FL to Marianna, FL – 69.64 miles – Elevation: +1,617 / – 1,742 feet
Today was a 69 mile ride. Since I missed the riders’ meeting last night, I didn’t realize that breakfast was a half hour earlier than usual. Nevertheless, my riding partners waited for me and helped me live up to my promise to the doctor to go easy for the next few days. I can’t begin to tell you what a great group my riding partners are. I will dearly miss them when this is over.
In addition, the slower pace gave me some time to recover from the emotional roller coaster that I was on yesterday and helped me realize how lucky I am and how many people had helped to keep me going.
- Colleen for arranging the initial doctor’s appointment at the very last minute.
- Bubba for lending me a SAG vehicle to go to the appointment.
- The doctor for seeing me on a very short notice and for asking the surgeon to see me.
- The surgeon for staying after hours to perform the surgery.
- And everyone’s comments and support.
Everyone helped me get my head on straight. Thank you. I am truly blessed.